Thursday, September 17, 2009

Chilean Independence Day

Friendster Graphics
Friendster Layouts - Myspace Quotes - Myspace Surveys

Tomorrow is our Independence Day. I took the day off, so I'm very happy at home :D

And I won't return to work until Monday!!! Yay!!!

We Chileans celebrate this holiday cooking and eating a lot. We've got a kind of a barbecue (asado) and individual meat pies (empanadas).

 

You can read more about Chile's Independence Day at http://www.joeskitchen.com/chile/culture/fiestaspatrias.htm


Have a great day!

6 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Happy Independence Day for you tomorrow! Mmmm... I LOVE empanadas, eat some for me!!! Bisous... Julie Marie

SmilingSally said...

Isn't it funny how we always celebrate by eating?

MightyLambchop said...

Happy Independence Day! Hope the food is good!

Historical sites with charmine said...

Happy independence WEEKEND Val.The food looks yummy..espl since I'm on a diet of veggies and fruits.Enjoy! enjoy!hugssss charmine.

Historical sites with charmine said...

Oh,thank you very much for all your kind words when I was ill,migraine is not so serious like cancer but HELL ...a real pain.I appreciate you visiting and leaving those lovely messages.

The Old Parsonage said...

enjoy your time off. I hope that it's filled with family friends and losts of good food!

Leann